POSC offers TRAP, SKEET and 5-STAND Targets:
Two trap ranges, one standard skeet ranges and 5-Stand are available. 5-Stand shooting opportunities are on selected days through out the shooting year. 5-stand is a good opportunity for various "wing shooting" presentations; a mix of both trap and skeet.
SHOTGUN - TRAP any 12 Ga - Full or Modified choke for stand trap and two shot capacity when shooting "double trap". SKEET - any gauge with two shot capacity, skeet or improved cylinder chokes and 5-STAND - same as skeet.
AMMO - Trap - 2 3/4" shot shells std 1 1/8 to 1 oz loads # 7 1/2 or 8 shot. Skeet - 2 3/4" 1 1/8 to 7/8 (depending on gauge) # 9 shoot. 5-Stand - same as trap or skeet.
SAFETY - Eye and ear protection MANDATORY on all ranges.
See FEES page for Range Fees.
POSC SHOTGUN RANGE
Member and Non-Member
1) If a Member wants to shoot Trap or Skeet and has no previous experience, it is recommended that they contact the appropriate Range Safety Officer for a Training Course.
Trap: Bill Bennett (613)635-3960
Skeet: Charles D'Aoust (613)735-2385
2) If a Non-Member (Guest) wants to shoot Trap or Skeet, They must be signed in by a Member. The Member is responsible for the conduct and the supervision of their Guest.
3) All Non-Members, who reside locally, will be limited to 3 shooting days per year.
4) If a Non-Member is invited to a competition or any other shooting event, they will be supervised by the Scheduled Range Safety Officer.
5) All shooting fees must be paid in advance of any shooting.
Wednesday evening & Sunday afternoon from May to Sept weather and day light permitting. 5-Stand is scheduled through out the summer. Check the web site for scheduled event.
Off Season: The range will be open on Sunday afternoons, providing the range is clear and the temperature is above 5 degrees C, this is to reduce the risk damage to the machines.
For information on the times this range is open please contact the chairman.